Who Is a Candidate?
One of the many benefits of CyberKnife therapy is that nearly everyone is an eligible candidate, even those with difficult-to-treat cancers or the medically frail.
The CyberKnife is ideally suited for patients who:
- Have a condition diagnosed as inoperable
- Are too young or advanced in age for frame-based radiosurgery
- Want or need an alternative to traditional open surgery
- Have received the maximum allowable dose of radiation
- Do not want to undergo a treatment using a stereotactic frame
- Do not want an additional operation to remove a recurrent or residual tumor
- Can benefit from the newly evolving applications for conditions previously not considered for radiosurgery
- Can receive radiosurgery treatment as adjunct therapy to traditional oncology care
Talk to your doctor to determine if the CyberKnife treatment is appropriate for your condition. If your specialist says you are a candidate for CyberKnife, or you would like a second opinion, call CyberKnife Center of Miami today at (800) 204-0455.