What Does CyberKnife Miami Treat?
The CyberKnife is FDA approved to deliver radiation treatments throughout the entire body. More than 150,000 patients have been treated worldwide and over 3,000 have been successfully treated at the CyberKnife Center of Miami. Many had been told that they had inoperable tumors, but were successfully treated with the CyberKnife.
Not everyone is a candidate for image-guided robotic radiosurgery treatment and only a CyberKnife-trained physician can best determine if a condition can be treated using the CyberKnife system.
Generally speaking, the CyberKnife effectively treats:
- Primary cancers, including lung, liver, prostate, brain, pancreas, and spinal cord
- Metastatic cancers, or those that have spread to other areas of the body, including brain, spine, liver, lung, and lymph nodes
- Recurring cancers in previously treated areas
- Benign tumors such as meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, pituitary adenomas, and cavernous angiomas
Specific conditions that may be effectively treated with the CyberKnife are as follows:
- Skull-base tumors
- Nasopharyngeal carcinomas
- Spinal tumors
- Acoustic neuromas
- Pituitary adenomas
To learn more about this revolutionary treatment or find out if CyberKnife treatment is suitable for you, call our center in Miami at (800) 204-0455 or contact us online.